This October I took part in my first Inktober challenge. There are different levels of participation but I decided to go the whole hog and create an illustration for every day in October. Each illustration was then posted to my facebook page.
Things Inktober 2016 Taught Me
- It's fun to get drawing prompts from kids, and to see their reactions
- If you hurt your wrist try not to make it your drawing arm
- Doing the challenge with others means you are more likely to complete it
- If you ask people for prompts you will get some odd suggestions
- The odd suggestions are the most fun
- If you're lucky a kid will draw you a space cow (thanks Jacob)
- Inktober makes you post illustrations that would never normally leave your sketchbook
- People are very lovely and say nice things about your images (even if you don't like it!)
- It can take a while to do, especially if you are tidying up the images on a computer (but it's ok just to take a quick photo)
- Challenges are more fun with friends!
Thanks to those people who have brightened up my facebook feed this month, especially Rikin Parekh, Claire O'Brien and Su Dore. See you next year ;)